Today I want to talk to you about bees, a subject quite dear to my heart. I don’t think it is necessary to explain again how vitally important those lovely fuzzy pollinators are for life on Earth as we know it, although i’d be delighted to discuss the matter further with you if you wish to.
A friend of mine is starting an amazing initiative, the Apis Sapiens project, to save the bees by building sustainable and environmental-friendly beehives. Their first goal is to build enough beehives for 15 million bees, which represents a cost of 15 000€ (around 19 000$), but it could go as far as 40 million bees if the project took off.
I wanted to make an incredibly inspiring post about this, because I know lots of us care about this stuff and, since my friend is as French as I am, his ad campaign has been restricted to France right now and I think it could really help his association to get some visibility on Tumblr, but I can’t seem to find the right words. Luckily I haven’t told him I’d be trying this, so there are no expectations I could betray :p
If you feel in the mood to do so, please reblog this post (or repost anything pertaining to it, I really don’t mind! I’d only ask that you tell me if you make a new post on the subject, so I can follow it as well ^^) and perhaps, if you are in the position to do so, consider donating to this good cause :)
The rewards offered for contributions aren’t translated, but they’re pretty much what you’d expect : in order, it says that you’re in the list of people thanked, get a certificate, get a two year adhesion to the association, get a small poster, get a big poster, get invited to sample the products, get your name given to a beehive…and those are cumulative :)
I want to thank most sincerely anyone who takes the time to reblog this post (and of course to donate, but I really can’t stress enough how much reblogs would mean to both my friend and I).
I’m of course willing to answer any questions you have about the project, or to translate anything you wish me to on the presentation page ^^
Thank you for reading!
It’s an amazing, AMAZING TV show and I’m sure I speak for all the In the Flesh fans when I say that it cannot stop here or we will all die of frustration (never to rise again). If you haven’t watched it yet, I recommand it strongly! It’s just so well-written and deep and tackes a lot of sensitive matters in a very respectful way.
Okay, so i’ve now contacted all four winners of the giveaways, sorry for the delay!
In case anyone is curious about how they were picked, I basically copied and pasted the list of people who had reblogged the post in Excel, deleted the lines relating to someone liking the post or reblogs made only to signal boost the giveaway, not to enter it, and then used “random.org” to get a random number amongst the people who had participated ^^
Have a nice day everyone!
rutdeleu said: I just thought I'd send send an ask saying hey I actually like your blog and would love to follow!
Thank you very much for your kind words! I’m excited you actually like my blog, I feel like I’ve not done much to deserve this though lol, I mainly spend my time on tumblr reading and liking stuff rather than posting anything :D
Have an excellent day, and thanks again!
I really hadn’t thought things through when I first posted the giveaway posts, so here is some additional information:
- I said the giveaways would end on the 15th of July, but that’s not very precise; so it’s at 12 PM on the 15th, European Central Time.
- I’ll try to send an ask to the winners on the 16th of July, but it may take a little more time than I thought at first!
- To the winners, the deadline to answer my ask once you’ve won is on the 23rd of July
- They are worldwide giveaways.
- I’d prefer to send the money through paypal; if the winner doesn’t have a paypal account or would rather use another method, I’ll discuss it directly with them.
- If you don’t quite identify within the categories I used to describe my giveaways, I apologize for making them too restrictive and encourage you to reblog any of the giveaway(s) whose designations you feel most comfortable with
- You can enter for a friend (and then for example give me their paypal address if you win)
- If you’re not out on your main blog (and I really should have thought of that, I’m sorry), feel free to enter through an ask (either non-anonymous or giving me an email address) or to create a sideblog to reblog this post